Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Know about Freshwater Biwa pearls in details


Today, I have decided to get decked up with my satin black gown for the evening party. Thus, I am little skeptical about my jewelry. But, no wonder my hubby is as usual rescuer for me and he came up with one beautiful necklace and earring set made from freshwater Biwa pearls.


Yes, I have a huge collection of beautiful pearl sets in my closet. My husband has a good understanding of different types of gemstones present in the market. For the past many occasions, he is adorning me with Biwa pearl jewelries.

To give details about these particular gemstones, I should say that pearls available in the market come with variety of shapes, sizes and colors. Besides, fresh water and salt water cultured pearls; it can be further categorized into Biwa Pearls and Akoya Pearl.

To go deep inside the history of Biwa Pearls, I must mention that Biwa is a place in Japan, where pearl production takes place in a huge way. But, due to the water and air pollution of that place, production of this special gemstone has almost been stopped. Thus, it is very difficult to find an original Lake Biwa pearl in the market. That’s the reason why I am overexcited about my possession.

Apart from Japan, China and USA are also ruling the market of different types of pearls. Especially, tremendous growth in the business of this gemstone has seen in USA in recent times. Japan is famous for producing quality pearls than China.

But, when it is strictly about freshwater Biwa pearls, then I should explain certain positive characteristics of Biwa pearls, which make them more desirable than saltwater ones.

Smoothness: Finicky buyers like me would not appreciate pearls with bumps and wrinkles on it. Smoother pearls make it more expensive.

Luster: After smoothness, if something really does matter, then it is supposed to be luster. And, this particular characteristic enhances the value of the pearl.

Color: More range of colors can be seen in freshwater variety, which includes white, blue, gray, pink, yellow, violet, lavender, rose and orange (dark, medium, light).

Shape: Freshwater pearls can be seen in endless number of shapes like, oval, drop, stick, square, coin, rectangular and diamond etc.

1 comments:

Waseem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 
Bloggerized by Shopping Zone